Physical therapy and rehabilitation may be appropriate after an auto accident to help patients. At Absolute Wellness Center in Eugene, our physical rehabilitation sessions are one-on-one, hands-on, and entirely tailored to meet your needs in your recovery. The goals of physical therapy and rehabilitation to help individual patients:
- Promote healing and recovery
- Improve mobility, strength, stability, and balance
- Maintain or regain everyday functional activity
- Decrease pain
- Learn the skills to maintain your health and recovery at home, long after you have left the doctor’s office.
Each patient will have their own progressive recovery goals, as each people have different body types, movement patters, alignments, habits, and work requirements.
Our physical rehabilitation team works to ensure every visit is comfortable, all care is coordinated with any other providers you want involved, and that you have the support and skills you need to not only get better, but stay better. We want you back to work, back to the gym, back to your family, back to doing what you love in your daily life.
Therapies can be both active and passive.
- Passive therapies include taping, electric stimulation, ultrasound, interferential/TENS, traction, ice, moist heat, and so on.
- Active therapies include manual hands-on therapy, stretching and strengthening exercises (sometimes with weights or bands), core and work hardening, balance training, cardiovascular conditioning, and so on.
Some therapies require equipment, but many use simple tools that you may use at home or at the gym to continue your recovery outside the clinic.
Absolute Wellness Center in Eugene, OR offers chiropractic medicine, sports medicine, naturopathic medicine, physical rehabilitation, acupuncture, and therapeutic massage. If you have been injured in a car accident, getting a through exam is the first step to determining whether you are simply sore, or whether proper treatment may prevent chronic pain down the road. You may also be interested in learning more about our Eugene physical rehabilitation program or, specifically, physical therapy for auto injuries and whiplash. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about your injury, your personal injury insurance, and next steps. Click here to contact us or give us a call at 541-484-5777.