Ahhhh massage. Let us count the reasons we love you.
Massage therapy isn’t just for fun and relaxation. It can also provide the following health benefits:
- Alleviate low-back pain
- Improve range of motion
- Pain relief, and easing of medication dependence. Massage also releases endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller
- Exercise and stretch tight, weak, or even atrophied muscles. Massage can reduce spasms and cramping, and relax and soften tired, injured, or overused muscles.
- Improve athletic performance, both in the preparation for and recovery from strenuous workouts.
- Increase joint flexibility
- Lessen stress, anxiety, and depression
- Reduce scar tissue and stretch marks by promoting tissue regeneration
- Improve circulation
- Reduce post-surgery swelling and adhesions
Studies are coming out every year showing the medical and psychological benefits of massage. You may be interested to read more on the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, which includes studies supporting the benefits of massage (link below). But for now, remember:
Just because massage feels good, doesn’t mean it’s not legitimately beneficial for your health! So enjoy!
Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals http://www.massagetherapy.com/learnmore/benefits.php
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, a division of the National Institutes of Health https://nccih.nih.gov/health/massage
Absolute Wellness Center in Eugene, OR provides chiropractic medicine, sports medicine, physical rehabilitation, acupuncture, and massage. If you are interested in Eugene massage therapy, give us a call at 541-484-5777.