Forgive the pun, but we couldn’t help it. We all know a foot massage (if done right) feels great, but it has more health benefits than you might have thought. A foot massage has been shown to help manage pain, decrease tension, increase circulation, and stimulate your muscles!
The below excerpt is from Diana Cohnle’s March 31, 2014 article in US News and Health Report:
“The Harvard Medical School suggests how to perform a foot massage:
- Relaxing in a comfortable seat, bend one leg so your ankle rests on the top of the opposite thigh.
- Using a bit of oil or lotion, gently rub your entire foot, from the toes to the arch to the heel.
- Knead the sole of your foot with the knuckles of one hand or by pressing with your thumbs.
- Use your hands to gently stretch your toes apart.
- Repeat these steps on both feet.”
So next time your friend or loved one rolls their eyes when you ask for a foot massage, tell them it’s for your health, and offer to give them one, too!
To see the original article, click here: Health Tip Massage Your Feet
Absolute Wellness Center in Eugene, OR offers sports medicine, chiropractic medicine, naturopathic medicine, physical rehabilitation, acupuncture, and therapeutic massage. To learn more about safe and effective treatment options for your pain or injury, or just to improve your health, please give us a call at 541-484-5777.